Sweltering Cities is launching a community survey to listen to people’s stories of living with the heat, to build a picture of the biggest challenges and community level solutions, and change the narrative on climate change and global warming in our cities. We have a goal of collecting 1000 responses over summer and we need your help to get there. Sign up below to keep in touch and share your ideas for how we can get to 1000 survey responses this summer. If we hit our goal we’ll have a powerful picture of how heat is affecting our communities and what they need to keep cool.
All sorts of people are affected by the heat, but some people are dangerously vulnerable in heat waves. How does the heat affect your health?
Working outside on a very hot day or in a hot inside space can be dangerous. Does your workplace have a plan for the heat?
More and more people rely on air con to keep cool. But what happens if you can’t afford it or it stops working? Many of our homes aren’t built to be comfortable or safe in extreme heat.
Help us tell the story of hot Summers in Australia.
- Information collected in the community survey will be used only by Sweltering Cities unless otherwise stated.
- No personal or identifying information will be published, and responses to survey questions will be used only in anonymised, aggregate form.
- As the operator of the Community Survey, Sweltering Cities will contact you directly only for the following purposes:
- to send you an update or the results of the survey
- to discuss heat in the city or your responses if you’ve indicated that it’s ok.
- As the operator of the Community Survey, Sweltering Cities will not disclose any of your personal data or individual survey response data to any third party.